The Shrine sponsors the worlds greatest philanthropy which is the Shrine Hospital System. It currently includes 22 hospitals for Orthopedic, Burns & Spinal Chord injuries. All patients are treated free of charge. The Shepherd Unit is the Shrine interface with the Hospitals.
Some of our activities include:
- Public presentation about the Hospital to Community Groups
- Clinics to locate patients for the Hospital
- Transportation of patients to Hospital clinics
- Encourage volunteer service at the Hospital
- Operate a Hospital float in local parades
- Bulk mail project to inform the community about the Hospital system
- Support the Ambassador Program at the Hospital (Tour Guides)
Membership is open to all Shriners. Meetings are held on the 3rd Wednesday at Shriners Hospital on N. Broad St at 10:30am (except June, July, and August).
The work is easy – the rewards are great!