The Shrine sponsors the worlds greatest philanthropy which is the Shrine Hospital System. It currently includes 22 hospitals for Orthopedic, Burns & Spinal Chord injuries. All patients are treated free of charge. The Shepherd Unit is the Shrine interface with the Hospitals.
Some of our activities include:
- Public presentation about the Hospital to Community Groups
- Clinics to locate patients for the Hospital
- Transportation of patients to Hospital clinics
- Encourage volunteer service at the Hospital
- Operate a Hospital float in local parades
- Bulk mail project to inform the community about the Hospital system
- Support the Ambassador Program at the Hospital (Tour Guides)
Membership is open to all Shriners. Meetings start at 7 pm and are held quarterly at LuLu Shrine.
The work is easy – the rewards are great!